November 16, 2010

NaNoWriMo - Day 16 - An Experiment with Time

Where does the time go?

I'm almost 10,000 words behind where I should be so today I'm going to try something new - never-ending pressure. Once I'm done with all my errands and translation work, I'm going to keep meticulous track of my writing, reporting back to this blog every hour or so to see how I've advanced and/or wasted my time doing other stuff.
  1. Starting point long delayed, due to translation work and other distractions. Nevertheless, about an hour into actual writing I'm up 400 words. I think I'll move to my friendly neighborhood coffee house soon.
  2. Coffee House tactic seems to be working, up 700 more words. I think I'll order another whiskey.
  3. 500 more words at coffee house, though I feel I'm running out of steam, perhaps time for a change of scenery.
  4. Calling it a night (at 4:38 AM) after 1,700 words. At least I surpassed the 1667 word minimum. Seems this constant pressure thing isn't any more effective than regular pressure, or perhaps it should be applied on less distracted days. Tomorrow looks pretty free. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment