March 9, 2010

The News on Tues - Chang-rae Lee and movies - three (or Shangri-La and movies - trois)

  • Last week I discovered Xtranormal, which allows you to make animated movies by simply entering text, and so I made three such movies and posted them on 2log.
  • Further attempts to avoid work resulted in these two other 2log posts.
In non-me-related news:
  • As a response to The Guardian's lists of 10 Dos and Don'ts of writing (which I mentioned two weeks ago) A Commonplace Blog offers 10 rules for criticism.
  • A new addition to my blogroll - Only Words to Play With.
  • Has Chang-rae Lee found Shangri-La with his new novel The Surrendered? (sorry, I can't resist an easy pun); Michiko Kakutani offers a glowing review and James Wood calls it "commendably ambitious, extremely well written, powerfully moving in places, and, alas, utterly conventional." (Even if you're not interested in the book, the preamble to Wood's review is particularly interesting).

No comments:

Post a Comment