February 4, 2010

A Brief Survey of My Blogging Past and Future

Since I first started blogging, around mid-2006, I’ve had a lot of different blogs – some were successful, some were unread, some ran for years, and some only lasted a few weeks. Thus, it is without making any declarations or promises that I begin this new blog, not yet knowing whether it will last, or what shape it might take over time. Intuitively, I might say that this would be my personal blog, where I would write about things that happen to me, or interest me, and perhaps no one else, as well as links to things that I find interesting. The name of the blog should provide a hint regarding my interests – writing, reading, and books, but I’m certain other topics will come up as well.
 I’ll try no to intrude into areas already covered by my other blogs, and I’ll be sure to post links to whatever other online shenanigans I’m involved in. I guess this might be as good a place as any to provide a short list of these -

Current blogs:

2log - a competitive joint blog - "The 2loggers are young creative leaders thrust into blogging battle against each other. Commenters add or take away points depending on how much they like the posts. Each week, the 2logger with the most points wins." – I usually post humorous pieces relating to current events.

Cycloped - a satirical encyclopedia.

Defunct, but still available, blogs:

Ugbun - a webcomic, ran from 2007 to 2009.

So Often Once So Loud - a predecessor of sorts to this blog, ran in 2009, more focused on reviews and the publishing industry (I lost interest in it once it failed to immediately earn me a position on the NY Times Book Review).

WHFR - I used to DJ at this wonderful radio station and a bunch of my shows are still archived there.

Foreign language blogs:

המתרגם - "The Translator" - a blog where I post my English to Hebrew translations of short stories and novel excerpts.

My Website:

My Website is outdated and in pitiful condition, but maybe providing a link for it here would force me to fix it up a bit. Probably not.

That's it for now, wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment